Oooooh – A Gold Star!
When I was a young adult (also known as a rascally teenager) I was like most other young girls my age, utterly absorbed in myself. As I started to mature, I became aware of how my personality differs from others, but that there were generally the introverts, the extroverts, the givers, the takers, the peacemakers and the fighters. I was utterly absorbed in understanding myself and realised, thanks to the Myers-Briggs personality profiling, that I had a sanguine temperament (pleasure-seeking and social). There is one true way to flatter a sanguine personality type – give them a gold star! Tell a sanguine person that they are doing a good job – and you will have a loyal follower – despite the fact that their ego really doesn’t need to be lifted any higher and that they are easily distracted by the next gold shiny thing! 🙂
So today, I have been flattered by a fellow blogger who has graciously bestowed me with the “One Lovely Blog” award. Despite the current hardships eighteenyears is facing, she is still living life with a smile, laughter and even has the time and heart to nominate others for an award!! You are an inspiration and thank you. I am honoured.
Now this award requires me to do a few things! Here I was, just about to take my bow and await the applause!! So, according to the rules (which I need to follow or I dread to think that this gold star would be taken away, leaving me feeling very melancholy indeed) I must do the following:
- Share who gave it to you with a link back to their blog. Done. (PS Task lists are more suited to another personality type)
- Write down seven random facts about yourself. See below.
- Give this award to fifteen other bloggers. See below.
- Let them know they’ve won. Okay!
- Pop the award on your blog. Will do!
So seven random facts about me:
1) My current temperature is 36.66! Now that’s random. I know this because I have a basal thermometer beside me 🙂
2) I have swum with 17 wild dolphins at a place called Shag Rock in the Red Sea, Egypt
3) I am a dog person. No offence to cat lovers, but I am safe from being that old crazy-cat lady next door.
4) I talk…. a lot! If I am not talking, I am singing, eating or sleeping. (I have a constant chatterbox in my head)
5) I hate the taste of cucumber and celery.
6) My first ever memory was when I was aged 2. My parents took me out of the city to visit a country farm.
7) I landed my first job at age 14 working in a delicatessen.
Here are the 15 blogs I award this “One Lovely Blog” to:
1)Ashley @ waitingforourbun – your time is soon honey. Praying for you!
2) Veetamia @ lovelytransitions – hang in there. All will work out for you – I just know it!
3) Paul @ ImageBreakers – I love your insight, prayers and blessings!
4) thesweetkitten @ cosytravels – My number one fan and soon to be birthday girl!!
5) My Star Ballet Dancer @ mybarre – Woo hoo!!
6) Lesley Carter @ BucketListPublications – Keep on rocking on!
7) Yeldaba @ Meanderings of a Restless Mind – loving your meanderings!! 🙂
8) jOyce @ Life on Foot
9) Roxxroxx @ Bangkok Baby Project
10) Nowandevermore @ Now and Ever More
11) Jenny @ adorablycaffeinated.wordpress.com – I love your daily coffee blog!
12) Carley @ Finding Gravity
13) Peas 4 Our Pod – Whoop Whoop!! xox
14) My Thin Eats – I love your recipes and obvious love for healthy food!
15) Marie Wetmore – Thank you for your insightful life coaching tips!
Well – this award receiving is hard work. I still haven’t finished off the list of things to do! But again, a big thank you to eighteenyears for the award! Keep laughing and smiling!